10 girls, 1 cabin in Temecula, lots of rain and bike gear that’s going unused. Maybe a little cabin fever? A little upset I forgot my running shoes 😦 Oh well..
The goal is to get to a winery at some point here today. Wish me luck!
In the meantime I’m going to share a recipe from this past week.. It’s a good one!
I learned something very fun recently! Did you know that chocolate has many health benefits? Unsweetened Cocoa that is.. Buying the unsweetened version allows you to adjust the amount of sugar needed. Packaged hot chocolate for example is very high in sugar & low in real cocoa.
Some of the benefits to pure cocoa:
– high in antioxidants (Antioxidants are chemicals that fight cancer, heart disease & aging)
– positive benefit to cardiovascular health.
– high in fiber
– contains endorphins
What better reason than to treat yourself to some high quality cocoa!
For some references & further reading:
Here’s a recipe to get some of that good for you cocoa into your diet!
recipe from Ashley
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can mild green chilies
- 2T chipotle sauce (adobo sauce)
- 1/4c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2t cinnamon
- 2t cumin
- 1/2 salt [add more if desired]
- cracked pepper
- 3 cans beans of choice, drained + rinsed [I used black beans and kidney beans]
- 2, 14oz cans, diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2T olive oil
- 1.5T sugar
- 1t oregano
In a large pot, saute onion & peppers until cooked. Then add garlic & saute for another minute or so.
Saute for another minute.
Now let simmer for 45 minutes or so. The longer you simmer the thicker it will become. Adjust spice as needed.
Healthy & delicious!
Be safe today & stay out of the rain!