Just like every other Saturday morning, mine started with a VAVI run. Though, due to a late night of rugby watching Friday night, I was secretly hoping I would wake up to crazy rain & an email saying our run was cancelled. That did not happen, and of course I’m happy about it.
My run stats are as follows. This run was pretty boring (location) but we got in some hill practice around mile 4. It was a big one!
Our run started & ended at Road Runner Sports (hence the boring location for a run). After the run RRS put on a presentation about their store & services. After that VAVI got 15% off store prices (with VIP that means 25% off!). I took advantage of this offer & got two new shirts, a pair of shorts & 3 pairs of socks!
When I got home, I climbed back in bed with Todd & fell asleep. We didn’t wake up till 2pm! Talk about a lazy Saturday.
Check out the rainbow we saw while driving down there. I climbed into the back seat to catch this photo. The rainbow was soo large I couldn’t fit it into my camera frame! AND it was a complete arch. You don’t see the whole thing very often!
Anyways, Bullys was packed! The wait for a table was 2 hours. We perched ourselves at a corner of the bar for most of the evening.
The drink specials were pretty good for the party! $3.50 Bacardi & Cokes. We partook in that special!
And some oyster shooters!! Amazing!!
Baked Brie appetizer with apples was pretty awesome.
After probably 2 hours we sat at a real table to try their famous prime rib. Yum! This was a half cut, you should’ve seen the full! We saw it at another table & it was twice as thick. It was huge! I can’t imagine one person eating that.
Prime Rib Sushi – ehhh.. not that great. It tasted a little off but I guess that’s what you get for ordering sushi at a steak house??
Great times with great friends!
BUT.. the MAIN excitement of the night was THIS GUY!!
Anyone know who that is?!? Holly? Anyone? Can you tell how excited I am?
Yes, that is Vincent Jackson of the SD Chargers. He is the wide receiver they just franchise tagged. He walked into Bully’s just shortly after we did. After he was getting some stares, I looked at him closer & instantly knew who it was. Wow! We were definitely star struck.
I’m going to give you a quick run down on the timeline of events it took to get this picture!
– I decided I wanted a photo with VJ.
– I pondered the idea of being THAT fan. Did I want to do that??
– I tapped on his shoulder & asked if I could shake his hand. He introduced himself to me as VJ & said nice to meet you. Instantly Best Friends! haha (Missed Photo Opp #1)
– He walks by us at the bar to go talk to someone & nudges me as he walks by! (Missed Photo Opp #2)
– Tried to get some paparazzi photos from across the bar.. too dark & there was always someone in our way!
– Realized I didn’t care if I was THAT fan, I was most likely never going to see him again & I wanted a photo.
– Walked by again & I did it! I asked him if I could take a photo with him. He said something like “This isn’t going to go on Facebook is it?!” Of course we said no. Photo was taken & he inspected it to make sure it looked good. He gave it a 6!” After a little gasping from Leslie & I, he said “Out of 7!” Jokester that guy..
– Relief, it’s done! Picture is mine! 🙂
VJ made this night awesome & memorable! Even after waiting for 2 hours for a table!
Dave & VJ
Bully’s Hat & VJ finger photo!
Good times.. Good times!!