Remember this from last week?
I gave it a little personal touch & changed it up a bit.
1 roll of pre-cooked polenta
1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
3 leeks, white parts chopped
1 fennel bulb sliced
1 head of broccoli florets chopped and blanched
1 bag of white mushrooms (12 or 16 ounces – I bought mine from Trader Joes)
1 bunch of swiss chard, stems removed, leaves roughly torn
5 ounces of goat cheese
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
salt & pepper
1) Preheat oven to 375degrees. Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat
2) Saute leeks, fennel & marjoram until partially soft.
3) Add mushrooms & saute until cooked.
4) Add broccoli & swiss chard & sprinkle with salt & pepper. Saute until veggies are cooked.
5) Turn off heat & add goat cheese. Stir until goat cheese is incorporated.
6) Slice roll of polenta to 1/2″ thick slices & place in the bottom of casserole pan
7) Pour veggie/goat cheese mixture evenly over polenta
8) Make topping by combining bread crumbs, walnuts & parmesan cheese & spread over veggies
9) Cook for about 20 minutes or until topping gets golden brown.
This recipe is a keeper! I forget how much I love polenta until I buy it, and goat cheese… mmm delicious!
Stay tuned for some more bread!!