What’s better than coming home to a hot dinner?! Anything? I didn’t think so!
Tonight we had one of my favorites.. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili. I know I’ve used recipes to make this before, but this time, I made my own recipe from memory of the others!
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Chili
– 1/2 yellow onion chopped
– 1 chili of choice (I used one from my CSA box that I don’t remember the name, if you are sensitive to heat keep that in mind and you don’t need the whole chili)
– 2 cans of diced tomatoes with juice
– About 5 small sweet potatoes diced
– 3 cans of black beans (drained & rinsed)
– 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoons cumin
– 2 teaspoons chili powder
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– salt & pepper to taste
Put everything in crock pot & just cover with water or chicken/veggie stock and cook on low for 8 hours. At about 6 hours I turned heat up to high & removed lid because I added a little too much water. This can be adjusted to how soupy/thick you want it. When finished add salt & pepper to taste.
Enjoy with a piece of freshly baked sourdough! I top mine with some greek yogurt & siracha.. two of my staples!
I think I need something sweet…